Using the Knowledge Base
The Knowledge Base app can be used to display professional product documentation or form complete books or guides. You can even import article source files written in Markdown. It’s workflow-enabled, so you can require articles to be approved before publication. Additionally, you can create article templates that help Users follow a common outline.
Here are the Knowledge Base’s key features:
- Navigation is built into Knowledge Base Display Widget.
- The suggestions interface enables feedback on articles.
- Articles are stored in folders.
- Metadata fields exist for the friendly URL, source URL, categorization, and related assets.
- Markdown source files can be imported to create and update articles.
- The Edit on GitHub button () can take readers to an article’s source repository location (if enabled).
The Knowledge Base has several widgets you can add to pages: