Liferay DXP’s Message Boards app is a forum application that can be added to any DXP site page. A Message Board on DXP can be scoped to a site, including a regular site, an organization’s site, or a user’s profile site or dashboard site.
The fastest way to begin using the Message Boards app is to deploy the widget to a Site Page.
Navigate to the site and page desired (e.g. Forum Page).
Click the Add button.
Click Widgets then Collaboration to expand the menu.
Drag and drop the Message Boards widget to the desired location on the page.
Site members are able to create forum posts using the Message Boards widget. Note that there can be only one Message Boards widget per page.
Learn how to use the features of the Message Boards application:
- Creating and Managing Message Boards Categories
- Creating Threads
- Subscribing to a Message Board
- Moderating Message Boards
- Configuring a Message Boards Mailing List
- Advanced Topics: Understanding Message Boards Scope