- Getting Started with Elasticsearch
- Installing Elasticsearch
- Connecting to Elasticsearch
- Securing Elasticsearch
- Exercise: Run Liferay and Elasticsearch Using Docker
- Troubleshooting Elasticsearch Installation
- Using the Sidecar or Embedded Elasticsearch
- Upgrading Elasticsearch
- Elasticsearch Connector Configuration Reference
- Advanced Configuration of the Liferay Elasticsearch Connector
Elasticsearch is the highly scalable, full-text search engine Liferay uses by default. Elasticsearch is bundled with Liferay for non-production purposes. In production, Liferay requires Elasticsearch running on a separate remote server.
Always check the compatibility matrix for the Elasticsearch version and server configuration compatible with your Liferay version.
Liferay 7.2 and 7.3 include support for Elasticsearch 7 and securing authenticated, encrypted Elasticsearch connections. Securing the Elasticsearch 6 connector (available on Liferay 7.2) requires an additional module only available with a Liferay Enterprise Search subscription.