- Creating and Managing Objects
- Creating Objects
- Extending System Objects
- Managing Objects
- Adding Fields to Objects
- Defining Object Relationships
- Defining Object Actions
- Designing Object Layouts
- Designing Object Views
- Adding Custom Validations
- Adding and Managing Custom States
- Exporting and Importing Object Structures
- Expression Builder Validations Reference
- Using System Objects with Custom Objects
- Auditing Object Definition Events
- Objects Tutorials
- Building a Time Off Requester
- Using Object Data with React Charts
- Using APIs
- Using Forms with Objects
- Deploying Object Widgets to Sites
- Displaying Object Entries
- Enabling Workflow for Objects
- Using Picklists
- Managing Picklist Permissions
- Picklists API Basics
- Understanding Object Field Types
- Understanding Objects Integrations
- Objects Application Permissions
- Integrating Objects with Third Party Services
- Using Google Sheets with Objects
- Using Automate.io to Sync Object Data with Google Sheets
- Using Elastic.io to Sync Object Data with Google Sheets
- Using IFTTT to Sync Object Data with Google Sheets
- Using Integrately to Sync Object Data with Google Sheets
- Using Make to Sync Object Data with Google Sheets
- Using Pabbly to Sync Object Data with Google Sheets
- Using Workato to Sync Object Data with Google Sheets
- Using Wyzebulb to Sync Object Data with Google Sheets
- Using Zapier to Sync Object Data with Google Sheets
- Using Google Sheets with Objects
Available Liferay DXP/Portal 7.4+
With Liferay Objects, you can build and deliver applications without having to write code or deploy modules. Each application built with Objects is integrated with Liferay’s core frameworks, so you can quickly develop and manage flexible solutions that adapt Liferay DXP to your business needs while maintaining a seamless user experience.
When creating Objects, users can define data fields, complex relationships between Objects entries, and custom actions that are triggered under specified conditions. You can also design layouts and views to determine how fields and relationships are displayed during entry creation and in the Object’s application page.
Before publishing, you can scope each Object’s data to Company or Site and determine where it’s displayed in the Liferay UI.
From the time of creation, all Objects are fully integrated with Liferay’s core frameworks to provide a unified experience across the platform and leverage all of Liferay’s capabilities. This includes automatically generating Headless REST APIs for every Object, so you can interact with your Objects through defined endpoints. These APIs can also be used with the Job Scheduler integration to configure Talend jobs to sync Object data dynamically with external systems.
Every Object is integrated with Workflows, so you can guide Object entry creation through a defined review and approval process. Objects are also integrated with Forms, so you can design forms that map to Object fields and receive user input for creating Object entries.
Once entries are created, you can leverage Liferay’s Info framework to create dynamic user experiences, displaying Object entries with Page Fragments and Display Page Templates. As of Liferay DXP 7.4 U1 and Liferay Portal 7.4 GA5, you can also deploy an Object to Site Pages as a widget.
All Objects are integrated with Liferay’s Permissions framework, so you can assign application and resource permissions to manage access to Objects and their entries. Together with scoping, role-based access control can help you secure your data and ensure it can only be accessed by the appropriate users.
With Objects, you can also extend and configure system services registered with the Objects framework. This includes adding custom relationships and actions.